Northwoods is hiring a Coordinator of Religious Exploration (CRE)
15 hours per week – Sunday is a work day.
CRE Duties – in order of priority
Acts as the hub of the Religious Exploration (RE) program through the following activities:
- Maintains relationships and communication with Minister, staff, volunteers, congregants, and leadership in order to promote a successful and fulfilling Religious Exploration Ministry.
- Create and maintain RE calendar for the year with inputs from the Minister and RE Chairperson that lists the dates and volunteers for each class and event for children and youth.
- Recruit teachers and advisors for RE program (knowing that recruitment is seasonal mostly spring thru summer).
- Manage registration for the RE program, maintain contact information of attending families for teachers, create attendance sheets for classes, confirm teachers take attendance and report attendance to Church Administrator every Monday.
- Purchase supplies for the Religious Exploration program.
- Administer the RE budget throughout the church year and support development of a new budget for the next church year with the RE Committee.
- Be present on Sundays (except one Sunday a month) during services, work with Minister on the selection and presentation of the children’s story, and check-in with the child care workers during Sunday services only for safety issues.
Understand and uphold our Unitarian Universalist Principles a liberal religion and our standard as a Welcoming Congregation – a congregation that is fully accepting of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer and transgender- the term is known by other faiths as “Open and Affirming”, “Welcoming and Affirming”, “More Light” and “Reconciling”.
- A passion for liberal religion with knowledge of both biblical and other world faith stories and teachings.
- A background in successful volunteer recruitment, training, and leadership.
- Experience managing a basic, nonprofit budget.
- The ability to maintain organization of and manage priorites in an evolving program environment
- The ability to communicate with a variety of peoples and cultures appropriately and assertively.
- Additional preferred qualifications: a background in education and teaching, either professionally or as a volunteer.
- Congregants and Members of Northwoods Unitarian Universalist Church are not eligible for this position.
To apply, send a resume with cover letter to [email protected]